Wednesday, August 19, 2015

ISO: A Highly Qualified Do Everything'er


Today as I was browsing my computer I came upon my resume from past days. Days where I showered. Days when I knew what was going on in the world. Days when I wasn’t confused by the clothing I see people wearing. Days where I didn’t have to double check if my pants were on backwards before I left the house. I had a moment of blankness where I literally could not fathom what I would put If I had to make a resume for this time in my life. And that made me a little sad. So, I do believe it is time we have some job clarification. This is for ALL my momma’s. My momma’s who do it all, my momma’s who sacrifice working out of the home and the momma’s who sacrifice working in the home. Because at the end of the day it doesn’t matter how or where you do it. Motherhood is just that: sacrifice, with the most amazing return. Today I needed to give myself and all you other momma’s out there a little reminder of your job description. Because this can be thankless at times and often hard. So today momma I just want to remind you what exactly you really are:

You are a chef.

You are a fashion consultant.

A boo boo healer.

A shoulder to cry on.

A comedian.

You are a personal assistant.

A launderer of 5 loads of laundry a day.

You are a travel agent.

A Detective.

A giver of life.

You are the answer to every question, the comfort to every hurt.

You are the sun, whose planets revolve around you solely.

You are the 3am snuggle and glass of milk.

You are a bathroom assistant.

An organizer of all things.

The lost sock finder.

The sounding board.

You are their goodnight story and first morning snuggle.

You are human.

You are the playground monitor.

The rescuer.

The fun.

You are the teacher.

And ever the student.

You are important.

You are the tummy-ache healer.

You are the master transportation provider.

You are their adventure.

The stuffed animal doctor.

Pajama provider.

You are the story teller.

The drink refiller and snack provider.

The photographer and memory capturer.

The fort builder.

The life guard and referee.

You are holidays, birthdays, just because days.

You are a fighter and a survivor.

You are their sense of safety.

You are the tickle monster.

The darkness chaser.

You are a scientist.

The lead explorer.

The maid.

The GPS.

You matter.

You are a hair dresser.

A shoe locator.

You are a handyman.

You are belly laughs, silly songs, and make believe.

You are tea parties

And demolition derby.

You are their light, their comfort, their safe place.

You are the anchor.

And you hold.

You are beautiful. Just the way you are.

You are the chaser of monsters, and scary things exterminator.

You are tired.

And that is ok.

Because you are present. Every day.

You, momma. Not anyone else. Just little old you.

Give yourself a high five because you, my friend, are amazing.

 

Fill that out on your next resume k?

No comments:

Post a Comment