Sunday, August 6, 2017

The Huffle

Brennan huffles.

Yes, this is a term I coined myself.

Basically she takes a few short breaths followed by a longer sigh. It's seriously adorable.

Last night she huffled up a storm.  It was a long night. One of those nights as a parent where our grace and patience is tested. I suck at tests. I'd reached my limit. There was no joy. Hell, I was so tired if prompted I couldn't even SPELL joy.  "Vanna, I'd like to buy a vowel?"

And then she huffled.
My heart broke and exploded at the same time. ( Hello motherhood, am I right?!)

The nights are long, but the days are short.
Such an annoyingly cliche term. Probably because the truth hurts.

Our children come barrelling into this world.
 They steal our hearts- the proverbial parenthood wand pass: a relay race as old as time, leaving us forever chasing. It's a race we won't win. But really do we want to? Who better to carry our hearts than our children.

Five years ago I rocked a different baby. She huffled too.

We just bought her kindergarten school supplies. She is five, fierce, and I can't even kind of keep up. I guess my point here is this: It's said this is a season. What is failed to mention is sometimes it feels like hurricane season.

But no matter how brutal the storm is- it passes. It passes mommas.
So damn fast.

Let's all try to take a minute and just soak in the now, soak in the chaos that is whatever stage of parenting you're in. As we ride the rollercoaster that is motherhood instead of gripping that handrail knuckle tight, maybe today we just let go.

You can hear the huffle better hands free.

Love and light ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment