Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Here is to Not Killing Each Other!



Happy Anniversary, husband of mine!

Here is to 4 years of marriage. I wish someone had snapped a classy picture of us at the courthouse(by classy I mean I was pregnant and already developing my love of stretchy clothing), but I guess we will survive without that precious moment in time captured. We have survived a hell of a lot more.

In 4 years we have moved cross country leaving everything and everyone we knew behind, had major career changes, bought houses and cars, had a lot of kids: I can't make a pot roast for the life of me, and you tried to fry rice without cooking it that one time, but kids we can do. 

And by do, I mean winging it. 

We have no village. We are our own. I'm no pocahontas but I do what I can.

It has not been easy. It's been very, very hard.

Remember that one time I caught the house on fire?  My bad.

Oh my Lord has it been messy.  You and I have ridden the waves, created the waves, and full on drowned in the waves together. You have seen me at best, and seen my at my absolute and total worst. (Contrary to popular belief I am not always as classy as I was back in the pregnant courthouse wedding days.)

Throughout it all we've stubbornly ridden the tide that is our ever transitioning life. You are my better half. You are my worse half. You are my anchor. But at the end of the day you are my Andrew.  

So here is to us: messy, imperfect, tired, committed.  I loved the man you were 6 years ago, but I love the man you are today so much more.

We are not perfect people, I won't even say the cliche that we are perfect for each other either, because we screw it up sometimes too. I will say we have been worth the fight. You're my best friend. You always will be. Thanks for loving me just the way I am.

Ps. You're on your own for dinner tonight. Ain't nobody got time for that. And there is a pretty high statistical chance at this point in the week you have no clean underwear.

Xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment